Visitor Services and Museum Assistant (Part-time)
Do you love helping people and seeing visitors leave with a smile on their face? Do you know that when guests are greeted warmly, it sets the tone for the rest of their visit? As Visitor Services and Museum Assistant, it is your job to ensure that every aspect of the experience enchants our visitors.
This is a part-time position. Work hours are expected to be Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm with one Friday per month from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm. Wise Wonders offers competitive salaries and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team to build and to develop a children's museum in Billings, MT.
Reporting to the Wise Wonders Executive Director, your responsibilities include:
- Welcoming and orienting visitors upon arrival while providing information about the museum and the programs available each day;
- Establishing positive visitor experiences and providing excellent customer service;
- Assisting visitors and answering questions cheerfully throughout the day;
- Conducting pre-opening setup to assure that everything is ready when the first visitor arrives;
- Closing and securing the Museum at the end of the day;
- Providing ongoing merchandise inventory control;
- Reconciling cash register and credit card machines;
- Arranging and selling Museum merchandise;
- Tracking all daily admissions fees;
- Verifying that all children arrive with an adult;
- Advising the Museum Executive Director of any problems, maintenance needs, or supply shortages as necessary;
- Consulting with the Museum Manager and Museum Executive Director in resolving problems and making decisions appropriate for the smooth running of the Museum store;
- Participating in any required trainings that provide professional skill development techniques that improve visitor experiences on site;
- Promoting the mission of Wise Wonders and our work; encouraging guests to join us as members;
- Cleaning of exhibits, sweeping, mopping, etc.;
- Overseeing the work of contractors as needed;
- Assisting with special events;
- Coordinating group tours.
The Visitor Services and Museum Assistant should be cheerful, professional and knowledgeable in their work. Excellent customer service skills are required. They should possess the talent to answer questions patiently and the ability to make guests feel welcome and important.
- Are professional and team-oriented;
- Are respectful of all visitors and able to provide exceptional customer service;
- Are detail oriented and able to carefully track revenue and visitation numbers;
- Are comfortable and proficient with cash management systems;
- Are reliable and committed to the position and the mission of Wise Wonders;
- Have an education background and/ or customer service background;
- Demonstrate experience working with children;
- Have a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
HOW TO APPLY
- by submitting their application, resume and cover letter via email to: Leah Hurless at email@example.com -OR-
- by submitting their application, resume and cover letter via mail to: Wise Wonders Children's Museum, Attn: Leah Hurless, 110 N 29th Street, Billings, MT 59101.
No phone calls please